Cost per serving $1.55 view details
- 1 tbs butter
- Â½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g button mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 30g breadcrumbs
- Â½ lemon, zest only
- Â½ tbs finely chopped fresh mint or Â½ tsp dry mint
- 40g almonds, ground
- 2 trout, scaled, gutted, cleaned
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Heat the butter in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes, until the onion is soft, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the mixture into a sieve to drain off any excess moisture. Press lightly to ensure as much liquid is removed as possible.
- Place the mushroom and onion mixture into a bowl and add the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, mint and almonds. Mix well.
- Stuff the mushroom mixture into the body cavity of each of the trout, then wrap the trout flesh around to seal the stuffing into the cavity.
- Hold the trout flesh together by piercing with three or four cocktail sticks that have been soaked for five minutes in water.
- Heat the oil in a large clean frying pan. Add the stuffed trout and fry for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked through.
- Serve with potato salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 99g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 168||62%|
|Total Fat 19.19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.04g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|