Cost per serving $0.67 view details
- 4 large sweet peppers, halved lengthwise with core/seeds removed
- 1 pint of heirloom cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 1.5C cooked polenta
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium diced onion
- 3 slices cooked crisp and diced prosciutto or bacon
- Kosher Salt and Fresh ground pepper
- Italian Seasoning 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil 3 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a sheet pan with foil
- Halve Sweet Peppers lengthwise and core/seed. I like to leave the core tip so that the stem stays on, but this is only for presentation purposes.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat saute diced onion and garlic with 1tsp kosher salt until onion is soft
- Add sautÃ©ed onion and garlic to polenta and add Italian Seasoning and 1 tsp fresh ground pepper, combine
- Spoon polenta mixture into sweet peppers, fill to almost three-quarters full. Lean the halves against each other to remain upright.
- Evenly distribute bacon over each filled pepper
- In a bowl combine remaining olive oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, making sure tomatoes are coated.
- Evenly distribute tomatoes until each pepper is full.
- Add remaining tomatoes to sheet pan.
- .Roast in oven until tomatoes are just cracking and pepper skin has wrinkles, about 30 minutes.
- You can also serve parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese over the top or on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 117g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 55||31%|
|Total Fat 6.22g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.97g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.2g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|