a recipe i just made last night. rainbow trout is best baked,grilled,roasted, or broiled. never fry rainbow trout. i did this a couple of years ago and the trout was mushy , oily, and did not taste good no matter how much hot sauce i put on it.one more thing. MAKE SURE ITS WILD. wild trout often cooks better and tastes better.
- 1 rainbow trout. gutted and cleaned.( this should be easy. if its hard for you to figure out how to cut it and gut it, there will be an explanation below.)
- 1 teasoon/ lemon pepper or 2 teaspoons lemon.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package of prepared stuffing.
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- first gut and clean the fish. *note below* then butter fly it. *again, note below. pat the fish dry.
- grease down a pan with butter or pam cooking spray. place the trout in the pan. then season the fish. (use very thin silvers of butter and put it on both sides of the fish.)
- spoon plenty of suffing on one side of the fish. then close the fish. *if you prefer and you have plenty of time. stich it closed.*
- put the fish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes per pound. serve with *optional* parsley or a sprig of dill and lemon slices. enjoy!!
- *note* if you've never gutted a trout before, heres a helpful explantion. first start with a trout. then using a sharp knife, start at the anus,cut up towards the head until the fish is open then take out the guts and using cold running water. wash out the fish and butter fly it.*to take out the spine,cut off the head first. then use the knife tobreak the ribs that connect to the fish. then pull the spine until the spine goes.*
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 127g|
|Calories from Fat 121||46%|
|Total Fat 13.42g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 3.01g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.99g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|