I have been waiting a while to make these spinach filled pasta shells, but it sadly didn't turn out the way I envisioned. The kids and wife loved it (thankfully), but I think mixing everything in the food processor made the cheese filling too runny and definitely not the consistency I was hoping for. Next time, I will either blanch the spinach and cut them into small pieces before adding them to the cheese mixture, or just add some breadcrumbs to thicken the filling. Well, as long as the family enjoyed it then I have nothing to complain about.
- 1 box large pasta shells
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (or 1 can diced tomatoes)
- 1 12oz package ricotta cheese (or feta cheese)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- Cook pasta shells as directed on box.
- Combine all of the cheese ingredients in a food processor except for 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Stuff the pasta shells with approximately 1 tablespoon each of the cheese mixture.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a glass baking dish. Arrange the stuffed pasta shells in the dish (single layer). Pour remaining sauce over shells (optional). Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the shells.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 252g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 320||54%|
|Total Fat 35.69g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 19.9g||80%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.15g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|