Cost per serving $0.42 view details
- 16 medium cremini or button mushrooms,(about one pound) trimmed 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzle 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 2 oz sliced pastrami, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola cheese
- Remove stems from the mushrooms, reserve the caps and finely chop the stems.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion red & green bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms stems, pastrami, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms give off their juices, about 5 min.
- Pour in the wine and cook over high heat until almost evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1/3 cup of the bread crumbs, the parsley, oregano, and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand cool lightly oil baking sheet.
- add your cheese 1/3 cup
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the pastrami mixture, pressing the filling firmly so it adheres to the cap.
- Pour the remaining 1/3 cup bread crumb into a small bowl.
- Dip the top of each filled mushroom into the bread crumb and place on the baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 F Drizzle the mushroom caps with the oil. Bake until golden brown on top, about 20 minutes
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 26g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 11||26%|
|Total Fat 1.29g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.68g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.05g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|