This recipe is super easy and the idea of stuffing chicken thighs can be tried with lots of different ingredients. The flavors/etc could change according to whatever leftovers you want to use up in the fridge!
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1-2 cups mojo criollo marinade (Badia is the best)
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 block pepper jack cheese (or your preference), sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 serrano peppers, chopped
- toothpicks, soaked in water
- 6 baby artichokes (regular size is okay too, just adjust boil/grill time)
- lemon wedges
- Marinate the chicken in mojo criollo marinade for 30 minutes or more.
- Next, boil water. Then remove outer leavers and stems of the baby artichokes.
- Add the artichokes to the boiling water and let boil 8-10 minutes or until the center is somewhat tender when poked with a fork.
- Go ahead and preheat your grill to 350 degrees (medium-medium high heat).
- Meanwhile, take your chicken thighs and stuff them in the middle with a sliced tomato, cheese, chopped jalapeno and a sprig of cilantro.
- Fold the chicken over and secure it with toothpicks to keep it closed.
- Once the artichokes have boiled long enough, take them off the heat and pour out the water. Let them cool enough to slice them lengthwise.
- Now itâs time to go to the grill! Get your grill ready for medium direct heat.
- Cook the chicken for 7 minutes or more each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Meanwhile, grill the artichokes, squeezing with lemon juice during the grilling, for about 5 minutes or until char marks have formed.
- Once off the grill, drizzle the artichokes with olive oil. Add cracked pepper and sea salt accordingly.
- The chicken will melt in your mouth! I served dinner with a texas toast and a homemade mojo criollo compound butter (butter mixed with garlic, lemon juice, cilantro and sea salt).
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 131g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 84||54%|
|Total Fat 9.32g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.67g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.13g|
|Total Carbs 6.8g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|