Cost per serving $1.75 view details
- 9 lrg Egg whites
- 1 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. Granulated sugar
- 1 c. + 2 Tbsp. sifted cake flour*
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 4Â 1/2 c. Sliced strawberries
- 3/4 c. Reduced-calorie nondairy whipped topping (8calories per
- 1. Preheat oven to 325F.
- 2. In large bowl, with electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites till foamy; add in cream of tartar and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in 1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. sugar till stiff peaks form
- (about 10 min).
- 3. Gradually sift cake flour and baking pwdr over egg white mix; carefully mix in till no white streaks remain.
- 4. Spoon proportionately into a 9" tube pan. Bake 35-40 min, or possibly till cake springs bak when lightly touched with fingertip. Invert immediately and let cold completely.** When cake has cooled, carefully loosen edges and remove from pan.
- 5. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine strawberries with remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar; set aside for 15 min.
- 6. To serve, cut cake into 12 pcs with serrated knife. Place on serving plates. Top each with equal amounts of strawberries with accumulated juice and 1 Tbsp. whipped topping.
- Each serving provides: 1/4 P, 1/2 B, 1/2 FR, 50 C.
- self-rising cake flour, omit baking pwdr** If pan does not have "feet", invert over a sturdy bottle.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 221g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||11%|
|Total Fat 3.03g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.8g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|