Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- 4 c. halved hulled strawberries
- Â Â (about 2 one-pint baskets)
- 1Â 1/2 c. low-fat (1%) lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 env unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- Puree 2 c. strawberries in processor till smooth. Pour puree through strainer, pressing with rubber spatula to extract as much puree as possible; reserve strained puree. Throw away seeds in strainer.
- Whisk low-fat lowfat milk, whipping cream and sugar in heavy medium saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over; let stand till gelatin softens, about 10 min. Whisk mix constantly over very low heat just till gelatin dissolves and mix is lukewarm, about 3 min (don't boil). Remove from heat. Whisk in pureed strawberries and vanilla extract.
- Divide mix among six 1/2-c. ramekins or possibly custard c.. Chill till panna cotta is set, at least 3 hrs or possibly overnight. Cover and chill remaining 2 c. strawberry halves.
- Gently toss remaining 2 c. strawberry halves and honey in medium bowl to blend. Let stand at room temperature 30 min. Run small sharp knife between panna cotta and ramekins to loosen. Dip bottom of ramekins into bowl of warm water 30 seconds. Invert each panna cotta onto plate, shaking gently to unmold. Spoon strawberry-honey mix over and serve.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: A classic Italian dessert receives a double dose of berries.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 37g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 33||29%|
|Total Fat 3.7g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.92g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|