This is my strawberry mousse that i entered for a competition. (one of my first attempts) It did not place because the rest of dish was not very good. I simply ran out of time to make it great but the mousse is very good!
- 1Lb fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tb. Unflavored Gelatin
- Â¼ cup Fresh Squeezed lemon Juice
- 2 Egg Whites
- Â½ Cup Manufacturing Cream
- Â½ Tb. Water (as needed)
- Hull strawberries and place in blender. Save about 3 for later.
- Puree strawberries until smooth.
- Strain through chinois strainer or other fine mesh strainer until NO more seeds are in mix.
- Add sugar to strawberries mixture and combine.
- Over a double boiler dissolve gelatin into lemon juice. Then stir into puree.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Add to mix.
- Cover with plastic and place in freezer for about 45 min or until partially frozen. (should wiggle a little like jello)
- Take out and put into food processor to make smooth.
- Whisk manufacturing cream until soft peaks form.
- Add into mixture until smooth.
- Cut extra strawberries into small pieces and add to mixture for texture. (tiny dice)
- Place in chocolate shell (or bowl) and place in fridge until set (about 1 hour to 1.5 hours) (to speed up process, place in freezer, only if needed).
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||1%|
|Total Fat 0.16g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.01g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|