The allure of our last local strawberries brought on this breath of simplicity.
No cook - No egg ice-cream creation.
I figured, first, I'd add banana, especially since it would go a long way to smoothen the mix. Another flavour enhancer would be a little lemon zing. So, why not blend my homemade Limoncello into the fray ;o)
For a detailed post...refer to:
- . > American / Metric measures <
- . 4 cups (1 litre) strawberries*, hulled
- . 2 small, ripe bananas
- . 1/2 cup (64g) confectioner's sugar
- . pinch of sea salt
- . 6 tbsp. (90ml) Limoncello liquor **
- . 1 cup (250ml) whipping cream 35%
- . * Although I havenât tried it yet...I see no reason not to also make this recipe with thawed, frozen berries.
- . ** There's no other liquid that can equal the flavour of Limoncello. However, if you really do not wish to add alcohol to this recipe...pure Lemon extract in the amount of 1 Tbsp. (15ml) can be used also. Just remember to place the ice-cream container in the fridge about 20 minutes before serving.
- . Preferably with the aid of a food processor or power blender, purÃ©e the strawberries and banana together.
- . Add to the mix the sugar, salt and the Limoncello liquor. Process the mix for about a minute until fully combined. Set aside temporarily.
- . In a separate, pre-chilled, large bowl, prepare the whipped cream. With an electric beater, whisk the cream to soft, holding peaks.
- . Afterwards, gradually fold in the berry mix into the whipped cream until fully combined. At this point, either use your ice-machine maker (follow manufacturer's instructions)...or make it the following way:
- . Pour the mix into a preferably stainless steel bowl or shallow pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place it into the freezer. After about 2 hours or so, give it a few vigorous fork-like strokes or a good whisking in order to break up the ice crystals.
- . This should be repeated again within the next 2 hours by placing the almost frozen mix back into the food processor. After which, the ice-cream can be served as a softer version. If not, pour the ice-cream mix back into a freezer containers for later serving. Scoop and serve.
- . Enjoy Claudia's flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com