These cookies are usually found in the danish cookie tins, but this recipe makes a better cookie by quite a bit. Remember that sifting your flour and powdered sugar will create a better cookie. As well as using a higher concentration of vanilla extract (not more just a higher purity, which usually costs slightly more). You will need a Pastry bag and a round or star tip depending on what shape you want to have.
- Butter, 6 ounces
- Sugar, 3 ounces
- Powdered Sugar, 1 1/2 ounces
- Eggs, 2 3/4 ounces
- Flavoring (your choice, the recipe says vanilla extract), 1/2 tsp
- Cake Flour (or sifted All Purpose), 9 ounces
- Preheat oven to 375
- Scale your ingredients at room temperature. add the ingredients in a bowl, cutting the butter in small chunks.
- Mix well until the dough becomes a paste. NOTE: You may want to place the dough in the oven for a few minutes before bagging it if the butter begins to melt too much.
- Using a pastry bag and star tip, make silver dollar sized swirls (or the shape of your choice) give the cookies at least one inch in between as they may spread of the butter gets too warm before going in the oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the tops brown slightly. Be careful not to over bake.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 41g|
|Recipe makes 15 servings|
|Calories from Fat 87||48%|
|Total Fat 9.85g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 6.01g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.82g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|