This is a fusion of 2 great classics, Stir Fry and Jambalaya. This dish is an overload on flavor. The chorizo is the star of this dish, it lends a kick of heat and also infuses and flavors the rest of the dish with its spicy oils. I must pat myself on the back for this one... its a keeper!
- 4-6 links of Chorizo Sausage (Broiled then Sliced)
- Steamed Rice ( I mix brown and white together and steam in chicken broth)
- 1 box of chicken broth
- Mini Sweet Peppers or 1 Green Pepper and 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- Large Button or Portebella Mushrooms Sliced
- Add Rice and chicken broth to rice steamer or stove top and cook till done.
- In a wok or large skilletheat a tablespoon of oil and saute garlic on med hi heat.
- Add the rest of the veggies and cook for 2 min.
- Add sliced chorizo and stir
- Add in steamed rice and continue to stir for another 2-3 min.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 90g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 173||71%|
|Total Fat 19.19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 7.21g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.22g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|