Cost per serving $1.04 view details
- 1/4 c. chicken stock
- Â Â (or possibly canned chicken broth)
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 x Chinese sausage - (abt 2 ounce) thinly sliced
- Â Â on the bias
- 4 slc Chinese or possibly smoked bacon cut crosswise
- Â Â into 1/2" slices
- 1/2 med lotus root halved lengthwise,
- Â Â then sliced 1/4" - (abt 1 1/2 c.)
- 1/2 c. sliced Chinese celery in 2" lengths
- Â Â (or possibly regular celery stalks)
- 1/2 c. thinly-sliced Chinese okra
- 3 x baby bok choy quartered
- 1/2 c. liquid removed canned straw mushroom
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in
- 2 tsp water
- Stir the stock, soy sauce and sugar together in a small bowl till the sugar is dissolved.
- For the Dish: Heat a wok over high heat till warm. Add in the oil swirl to coat the sides. Add in the sausage and bacon and stir-fry till they begin to brown, 1 to 1 1/2 min. Add in the lotus root, celery, Chinese okra and baby bok choy; stir-fry till the celery is tender, about 2 to 2 1/2 min.
- Pour in the sauce ingredients, bring to a boil and cook till the lotus root is tender-crisp, about 2 min. Add in the cornstarch solution, and cook, stirring, till the sauce boils and thickens, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Scoop onto a serving platter.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 118g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 151||76%|
|Total Fat 16.78g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 4.65g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 7.3g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|