Cost per serving $0.98 view details
- 8 ounce skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1Â 1/2 tsp finely minced fresh ginger divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 4 tsp cornstarch divided
- 1/2 lb green zucchini
- 1/2 lb yellow squash
- 1 sm white onion
- 2 Tbsp. salted black beans
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp vegetable oil divided
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1. Trim the fat off the chicken and cut the chicken into 3/4-inch pcs.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 tsp. minced ginger, the salt, pepper, and 1 tsp. cornstarch. Add in the chicken and toss. Cover and chill for 20 min.
- 3. Wash the zucchini and squash. Cut off the ends of the zucchini and squash. Cut the zucchini and squash in half lengthwise and cut each half into 1/4-inch diagonal slices. Cut the white onion into 1/4-inch slices.
- 4. Place the salted black beans in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Remove any bean skins which float to the top. Remove the beans from the water, rinse 2 to 3 times with cool water, and drain well.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, 1 Tbsp. water, the soy sauce, and sugar.
- 6. Heat a wok or possibly nonstick skillet over high heat and add in 2 tsp. vegetable oil. Add in the chicken pcs and cook till white, approximately 3 min. Remove the chicken from the wok.
- 7. Reheat the wok or possibly skillet and add in the remaining 2 tsp. vegetable oil over high heat. Add in the onion, garlic, the remaining 1 tsp. ginger, and the black beans and cook for 1 minute.
- 8. Add in the zucchini and yellow squash, stirring constantly for 2 min. Add in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add in the chicken and stir in the cornstarch mix. Cook and stir for 30 seconds, or possibly till thickened. Serve warm.
- Serving Ideas : Steamed rice.
- NOTES : REVIEW: Here's another winner from Leeann's new book. We loved this! We made it with chicken breast meat and just green zucchini. Instead of salted black beans we used a bottled garlic black bean paste (Lee Kum Kee brand). If you want to do the same, skip step 4 and hot the bean sauce ( 2 to 3 tbs to taste) after frying the zucchini but just before adding the chicken in step 8. We served basmati rice (rinsed well before steaming), that worked well. Jasmine would have been too assertive. Try it with bell peppers when tired of zucchini.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 204g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 54||39%|
|Total Fat 6.1g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.74g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.15g|
|Total Carbs 12.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|