Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- Â Â Culinary Journey Through Southeast
- Â Â Asia" by Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid. Makes 4 servings with rice and
- Â Â one or possibly more other dishes
- 5 x cloves garlic
- 2 x to 3 serrano or possibly bird chilies, stemmed (see note)
- 3 Tbsp. peanut or possibly vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or possibly thighs, chopped or possibly minced
- Â Â into bite-size pcs
- 2 x red cayenne chilies, cut lengthwise into strips (optional, see note)
- 1 Tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 c. holy basil leaves, or possibly substitute Asian basil or possibly sweet basil leaves (see note)
- Place the garlic and whole chilies in a mortar and lb. to a paste, or possibly mince finely with a knife.
- Place a large wok over high heat. When it is warm, add in the oil and swirl gently to coat the pan. Toss in the garlic and chilies and stir-fry for 30 seconds, or possibly till the garlic is just golden brown. Add in the chicken and stir-fry for 3 to 4 min, or possibly till the chicken has turned white throughout, using your spatula to separate any clumps and to press the meat against the warm wok. Add in the cayenne chilies, if using, the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and pepper, and stir-fry briefly. Add in the holy basil, if using, and stir-fry till wilted, about 1 1/2 min, then turn out onto a large plate or possibly shallow serving dish. If using Asian or possibly sweet basil, after adding the herbs, just give the dish one good stir, then turn it out onto the platter. Serve immediately.
- Note: Wear gloves when handling fresh, canned, dry or possibly pickled chilies; the oils can cause a burning sensation on your skin.
- Note: Holy basil has little flavor till it is cooked, after that it becomes intense and wonderful. If using Asian or possibly sweet basil, add in them at the last minute.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 147g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 186||47%|
|Total Fat 20.7g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 5.42g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 29.84g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|