Cost per serving $1.46 view details
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2/3-cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium red onions, finely chopped
- 8 medium garlic cloves, mined
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 (35-oz) cans whole peeled Italian tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 4 lbs. broccoli rabe, large stems discarded
- In a food processor, finely chop the fennel and carrots. In a large saucepan, heat 1/3 cup of the olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic, rosemary, and the fennel mixture and cook over moderately low heat, stirring often, until the onions are very tender and starting to brown, about 25 minutes.
- Add the crushed red pepper to the saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick, about 10 minutes; discard the rosemary sprigs.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the broccoli rabe until bright green, about 4 minutes. Drain and let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the remaining 1/3-cup of olive oil. Add the broccoli rabe and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer over low heat until very thick, about 15 minutes. Season with salt. Transfer the broccoli rabe to a bowl and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 311g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 136||66%|
|Total Fat 15.46g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2.09g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.9g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.9g||23%|