Cost per serving $1.55 view details
- 2 lb live mussels
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white wine (please donât use cooking wine)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Scrub and debeard the mussels.
- The shells should be closed. If any shells are open, let it sit for a few minutes, it should close.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a large, wide-bottomed pot. Saute the shallot until it is soft but not browned.
- Add the garlic cloves.
- Add the white wine, and bring it to a boil
- Add the mussels
- Cover the pot and let the mussels steam for 4-7 minutes. Most of the mussels should be open after the first couple minutes. You want them all open, but some will do this faster than others
- As soon as most of the mussels are open, turn off the heat and cover for about 5 minutes
- Disgard of any mussels that did not open
- Serve with crusty bread
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 134g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 101||50%|
|Total Fat 11.53g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 7.3g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.08g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|