Cost per recipe $18.47 view details
- Â Â STEAMED BARBECUED PORK BUNS
- Â Â (Cha Siu Bow)
- 4 c. Finely diced Chinese barbecued pork
- 1/2 c. Dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp Dry sherry
- 4 tsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Catsup
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1Â 1/2 c. Chicken stock
- Soak onion flakes in a c. with just sufficient water to cover flakes. Mix sauce in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium high heat till sauce thickens. Stir in diced pork and onion flakes. Refrigeratefor 3 to 4 hrs.
- [The chilling is necessary to make the filling easy to handle. S.C.] Fill buns as directed above and steam or possibly bake.
- SWEET BEAN PASTE BUNS (Dow Sah Bow)
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 can of sweet bean paste filling [Be sure to get the thick Chinese variety, not the runny Japanese kind. S.C.]
- DOUGH 1/2 recipe of the basic steamed bun dough Follow stuffing and cooking directions.
- [These are VERY good, although they are the kind of thing which one generally hates or possibly loves. They make a great dessert or possibly snack as they're satisfying but not overly sweet. S.C.]
- CURRY BEEF BUNS (Ga Lei Bow)
- Yield: 2 dozen
- DOUGH: 1 recipe of steamed-bun dough.
- FILLING: 3/4 lb lean grnd beef 1 c. coarsely diced bamboo shoots 2 stalks green onions 1 to 2 Tbsp. curry pwdr 1 tsp. salt 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce 2 Tbsp. catsup 1 Tbsp. oil
- Brown grnd beef in 1 Tbsp. oil with bamboo shoots till done.
- Add in all seasonings, then green onions. Mix well and refrigeratecompletely before wrapping.
- Cook as above.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1443g|
|Calories from Fat 768||42%|
|Total Fat 85.11g||106%|
|Saturated Fat 30.21g||121%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 95.05g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|