Cost per recipe $47.91 view details
- 3 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1/2 c. coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/8 c. fine brandy
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- Combine salt and black pepper. Completely coat the filets in the mix and allow to sit for 10 min. Heat extra virgin olive oil to medium-high heat. Sear the steaks on both sides for about 3 min per side; when done, remove steaks. They will be rare. Finish in oven, if you like. (The pepper will burn on the stove-top.)
- Scrape meat drippings from bottom of pan. Add in butter, stirring till butter melts. Add in brandy, then flame the brandy (do this away from the stove).
- Whisk in mustard vigorously, then slowly pour in the heavy cream, to create a nice emulsion.
- Plate the steaks and serve with the sauce on top.
- Enjoy!! for comments and questions email c. elder01@gmail. com
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1504g|
|Calories from Fat 1813||51%|
|Total Fat 202.37g||253%|
|Saturated Fat 77.8g||311%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.11g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.1g||47%|