This is a basic recipe for a juicy steak.
The best way to cook a steak, so that it is tender and juicy is to sear it on a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, then transferring it in an oven set at 325-350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cast iron pans conduct heat better than pans made with other materials, and can be transferred directly in an oven. To achieve the best results use a cut of beef that has marbling (chuck, t-bone, porter house). Chuck is fairly inexpensive but pack allot of flavor. Sirloin is lean, and tough after being cooked, it is best served stewed.
- Sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- powdered garlic
- olive oil
- shallots or a sweet onion
- Cast iron pan
- sweet vermouth or any red wine
- Preheat oven and pan on the stove
- With a fresh or thawed steak:
- - sprinkle salt on both sides sparingly
- - rub olive olive oil on both sides
- - place on a hot pan, searing one side until blood leaches out and the steak is browned, then flip the steak, repeating on the other side
- - once browned on both sides, transfer the steak on a plate or cutting board, keeping juices in the pan.
- - remove the pan from direct heat
- - add red wine to remove particles from hot pan, about 1 or 2 shots worth
- - thinly slice an onion into rings, or sliver a few shallots and add in the pan, cooking till semi-translucent
- - add a black pepper on both sides of steak.
- - add a dusting of paprika and granulated garlic on top of one side of the steak.
- - place steak in pan on top of onions and place it in the heated oven.
- - In about 10 minutes, check the steak, once juices have created itself into its own gravy on top of steak, the steak should be medium-rare to medium
- - Remove the pan from the oven and place at room temp with the meat in place for an additional 10 minutes,
- - For a more thoroughly cooked piece of meat, instead of placing the steak in room temperature to rest, keep the steak in oven, turned off, checking every 5-10 minutes until desired doneness is achieved.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 32g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.89g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|