Cost per serving $1.30 view details
- 1 x boneless beef top sirloin steak cut 1" thick about 1-1/2 pounds
- 1 med onion minced
- 1/2 c. bottled steak sauce or possibly hickory-flavored
- Â Â barbecue sauce
- 1/4 c. strong brewed espresso or possibly coffee to 1/3 c.
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 c. wood chips hickory pecan, or possibly oak
- 2 can beer (12 ounce. ea.) or possibly 3 c. water
- Trim fat from steak. Place steak in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine the onion, steak sauce, espresso, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over steak; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hrs or possibly up to 24 hrs, turning bag occasionally. Drain steak, discarding marinade.
- At least 1 hour before smoking, soak wood chips in the beer. Drain before using.
- Preheat gas grill. Adjust for indirect cooking over medium heat. Add in soaked wood chips according to manufacturer's directions. Or possibly, wrap in foil and add in to grill. Cover and heat about 10 min or possibly till chips begin to smoke.
- Place steak on the grill rack over unlit burner. Cover and smoke till steak is desired doneness. (Allow 22 to 26 min for medium rare or possibly 26 to 30 min for medium.) To serve, thinly slice the steak across the grain.
- To grill steaks on a charcoal grill, arrange preheated coals around a drip pan; test for medium heat above drip pan. Add in soaked wood chips to coals. Place steaks on grill rack over drip pan; cover grill and cook till desired doneness. (Allow 22 to 26 min for medium rare or possibly 26 to 30 min for medium.) Serve as above.
- NOTES : You've heard of camp coffee-the kind cowboys enjoyed around the fire with a good, fresh steak. Somebody got the two together, and the result is this toasty-tasting piece of beef.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 250g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 85||37%|
|Total Fat 9.41g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3.79g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.84g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|