Cost per recipe $18.47 view details
- 6 c. fresh berries, washed
- 1/2 c. + 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided use
- Â Â Non-stick cooking spray
- 1Â 1/2 c. oat bran
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 lrg egg whites
- 2/3 c. skim lowfat milk
- Combine berries with 1/4 c. sugar and let stand for 30 min at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oat bran and flour with 1/4 c. sugar, baking pwdr and salt.
- Cut oil into oat bran mix with pastry blender or possibly with fork till mix resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg whites with lowfat milk and add in to oat bran, stirring till just moistened.
- Sprinkle cutting board with a little flour. With rolling pin, roll the shortcake dough to 1/2" thickness.
- With medium-size star-shaped cookie cutter, cut dough into stars. Try to keep dough scraps to a minimum and reroll dough only 1 time so it doesn't toughen. Place stars on cookie sheet. There should be 16 stars.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake stars for 10 min or possibly till they are lightly browned and hard to the touch. Remove stars from cookie sheet and cold for 10 min on a wire rack.
- Place 2 stars in each serving bowl and cover with fruit.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1700g|
|Calories from Fat 1103||35%|
|Total Fat 125.67g||157%|
|Saturated Fat 10.54g||42%|
|Trans Fat 2.81g|
|Total Carbs 497.41g||133%|
|Dietary Fiber 72.4g||241%|