Cost per recipe $6.49 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. hot water (110 degrees to 115 degrees)
- 2 pkt active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. olive or possibly veg. oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 x to 4 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 x beaten egg
- 1/4 c. sesame seed
- In small bowl, combine water, yeast, shortening, sugar, oil and salt. Let stand 5 min. Place 2 1/2 c. flour in large mixer bowl. Add in liquid mix.
- Beat on low speed of electric mixer or possibly stir by hand till all ingredients are thoroughly blended. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can fold in with a spoon.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead in sufficient of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough which is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 min total). Shape into a ball. Place in lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover, let rise in hot place till double, about 45 to 60 min.
- Punch down; divide dough into 6 equal pcs. Cover; let rest 10 min.
- Roll each piece into a 12 inch long rope. Using three ropes for each loaf, braid and secure ends. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover. Let rise till almost double, about 30 to 45 min.
- Brush sides and top of loaves with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake in 400-degree oven 25 min or possibly till bread tests done and is golden. Remove bread from baking sheet; cold on wire rack.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 514g|
|Calories from Fat 585||80%|
|Total Fat 67.07g||84%|
|Saturated Fat 12.66g||51%|
|Trans Fat 8.56g|
|Total Carbs 22.68g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||24%|