Cost per serving $2.61 view details
- 8 large, whole squid, cleaned
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 300g fresh or frozen cleaned shrimp
- 100ml white wine
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 2-3 tbs rice
- 2 tbs homemade breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- 500ml tomato puree
- Â½ -1 tbs sugar (optional)
- Parsley, oregano, rosemary, chopped
- Chop squid tentacles.
- Briefly sautÃ© garlic in olive oil, be careful that it does burn.
- Add squid tentacles and frozen shrimp, stir.
- Stir in wine, simmer for 5-8 minutes on low heat or until Â¾ of the liquid evaporates.
- Add parsley, stir, remove from the flame.
- Add cheese, rice and bread crumbs, stir and combine to obtain a thick, uniform filling for the squid.
- Fill squid with the shrimp mixture and close each squid with a wooden or metal toothpick. If some of the filling is left over (in the case that squid are smaller), it can be added to the sauce.
- SautÃ© stuffed squid in olive oil for 2 minutes on each side or until golden. When done, place the squid into an ovenproof dish suitable for oven baking.
- Prepare sauce with the same oil in which squid was sautÃ©d : add tomato puree, spices and, if necessary (in case that the puree is acid) sugar, stir and pour over the stuffed squid.
- Bake squid, covered, in oven for 35-40 minutes at 180ËC.
- Serve with white Focaccia (recipe in next post!) and a glass of white wine.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 261g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 72||27%|
|Total Fat 8.09g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.81g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.35g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|