Cost per serving $0.96 view details
- 1 med Yellow squash seeds removed,
- Â Â skin left on, cut 1/4" dice
- 8 ounce Pasta, preferably little "ring" circle
- Â Â pasta or possibly else rotini
- 4 x Ripe plum tomatoes seeded, and
- Â Â cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/3 c. Mustard vinaigrette or possibly to taste
- Â Â (2 tspns Dijon mustard, 1 tbspn red wine
- Â Â vinegar, and 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil, whisked together)
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb Cleaned squid bodies cut 1/4"
- Â Â rings, tentacles split lengthwise strips
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Bring lots of water to a boil. Set diced squash in a sieve; plunge sieve in boiling water and blanch the squash for a minute. Remove blanched squash, pat dry and add in to a mixing bowl. Add in the pasta to the boiling water and cook till al dente. When done, drain, refresh under cool water and pat dry.
- Meanwhile add in diced tomatoes to the mixing bowl with the squash and add in the vinaigrette.
- In a nonstick skillet add in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Add in the squid and saute/fry just for a minute or possibly till rings turn opaque (do not cook longer than 2 min or possibly they will turn tough). When the squid rings turn opaque, add in the garlic, saute/fry for a few seconds and remove from heat.
- When pasta is done, drain and run under cool water to stop the cooking; dry and add in to mixing bowl. Add in the squid with extra virgin olive oil and garlic and toss all of the ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 282g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 17||4%|
|Total Fat 2.02g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.38g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 90.91g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|