Cost per serving $2.34 view details
- 1 pound summer squash, fresh, washed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced thin
- Â½ stick unsalted butter, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 1 sprig of Thyme
- salt and pepper
- Garlic Chevre Cream:
- Â½ stick butter
- 12 large garlic cloves, peeled and trimmed of the end
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 oz goat cheese, softened at room temperature
- Dice the squash into small pieces, but do not worry about them being perfectly even, so long as they are small.
- In a medium pot, heat the butter and olive oil with the garlic and thyme over low heat, until fragrant and the garlic is just barely starting to brown.
- Add the chili flakes and remove from heat.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprig and return the pot to medium heat.
- Add all the squash and season well with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until squash is completely tender,
- about 10 minutes.
- Add half the water, and bring to a boil.
- Check for seasoning and, in batches, blend carefully on high speed until the soup is very smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve if the soup appears too chunky. At this point, thin the soup as needed with the remaining water, adjusting for the salt dilution as needed.
- For the garlic chevre cream, place the trimmed garlic cloves in a small saucepan covered with cold water and a large pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Drain garlic cloves and return to the pot, and refill with
- cold water and salt.
- Bring to a boil again, drain, and replace water once again. Repeat this process until the garlic has been blanched 5 times.
- Place the blanched garlic cloves and the butter in a small pot and cook over medium heat, until the butter is well-browned and the garlic is toasting. Add
- the half and half, and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat and add the softened goat cheese. Puree with an immersion blender until very smooth.
- Check for seasoning and chill well.
- To serve, pour the soup into a warm bowl and dot with small pieces of the garlic and chevre cream.
- Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 304g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 331||84%|
|Total Fat 37.58g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 19.45g||78%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.04g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|