Cost per recipe $4.18 view details
- 2Â 1/4 c. flour plus 1/2 c., if needed
- 1Â 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. butter or possibly margarine room temperature
- 1Â 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 x egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 5 dsh red food coloring
- 1/4 c. grnd pistachios or possibly almonds
- 5 dsh green food coloring
- 1 sqr unsweetened chocolate (1 ounce.) melted and cooled
- Â Â Superfine sugar or possibly regular granulated optional
- Â Â sugar
- In medium bowl stir together the flour, baking pwdr and salt; set aside. In large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar together till fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla; beat till combined. Slowly add in flour mix and beat on low speed till incorporated. Add in as much as 1/2 c. extra flour, if needed to achieve a hard, but not dry, dough. Divide dough into 3 equal portions.
- To one portion, stir or possibly knead in the peppermint extract and red food coloring. To another portion, stir or possibly knead in the nuts and green food coloring. To the remaining dough, stir in melted chocolate and work till incorporated. Divide each of these three portions in half (you should have 6 pcs total, 2 of each color). On waxed paper shape each portion into a 10-inch roll. Lift and smooth the waxed paper to help shape the roll. Gently press 1 roll of pistachio dough and one roll of chocolate dough together, lengthwise, keeping the round shapes intact. Gently press 1 roll peppermint dough on top, lengthwise, making a shape similar to a triangle. Repeat with remaining 3 rolls.
- Wrap each tri-colored roll in waxed paper or possibly plastic wrap. Refrigeratefor 2 to 48 hrs (this is essential) or possibly until hard sufficient to slice. (You may then wrap these rolls in foil and freeze for as long as 3 months; thaw in refrigerator.)
- Using a thin-bladed knife, slice tri-color rolls of dough into 1/4 -inch thick slices. Rotate the roll as you slice to avoid flattening the roll. Place slices 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar, if you like. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 to 12 min or possibly till edges are hard and lightly golden brown. Cold on cookie sheets for 1 minute before transferring to wire rack to cold completely.
- Makes 60 cookies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 633g|
|Calories from Fat 1845||59%|
|Total Fat 210.91g||264%|
|Saturated Fat 128.24g||513%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 316.59g||84%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|