Switch up your boring chicken dinner with this seasonal twist!
Servings: 4 Servings
Cost per serving $2.18 view details
- 4 split chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 6 fresh sage leaves, chopped (and additional for garnish, if desired)
- 4 oz. Romano cheese, shredded & divided
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Olive oil
- S & P
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Rub olive oil over each chicken breast and place on a baking sheet. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until juices run clear in the thickest part of the breast. Once done roasting, turn the broiler on high.
- While chicken is cooking, melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until translucent and fragrant. Add in mushrooms and continue to allow the vegetables to sweat, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, thyme and sage and continue to cook until the broth has evaporated.
- Top each chicken breast evenly with mushroom and onion mixture.
- Then, top each breast evenly with cheese.
- Broil for 1 â 2 minutes until cheese is completely melted. Top with additional sage, if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 135g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 120||65%|
|Total Fat 13.64g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 8.54g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.31g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|