Cost per serving $1.00 view details
- Â Â extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1/2 lb mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp dry basil leaves
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 14 ounce defatted low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1Â 1/2 c. raw arborio rice
- 10Â 3/4 ounce reduced fat reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- 3 c. packed spinach leaves minced
- 6 Tbsp. minced walnuts toasted
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Lightly coat bottom of 3-qt saucepan with cooking spray; heat over high heat. Add in mushrooms, basil, garlic and pepper; cook and stir 3 to 4 min or possibly till mushrooms are tender.
- 2. Stir in broth, rice, canned soup and water; cook and stir till well blended and mix begins to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer gently 12 min; stirring twice during cooking or possibly till rice is just tender but still hard to the bite.
- 3. Stir in spinach; cover and let stand 5 to 7 min or possibly till spinach is wilted.
- 4. Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese before serving.
- (No nutritional summary is provided for the modifications we made.)
- Yield: 8 c.
- NOTES : Tested with modifications 2001-Oct: Rescaled to yield 2 c.; substituted a Porcini risotto mix (http://www.pastarotti.com/GBGenerale01.htm) for the spray, garlic, mushrooms, broth, rice and mushroom soup. Used fresh basil, frzn minced spinach, and pecans. Coarsely grnd pepper and cheese were offered at table. Lots of flavor. (contact: http://home.earthlink.net/ kitpath/ )
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 164g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 52||14%|
|Total Fat 5.93g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.99g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.44g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.4g||35%|