Just a plain old simple Calzone, nothing special. Spinach provolone and mozzarella, dip it in marinara. A perfect lunch food. You can easily adapt this recipe to anything else your prefer.
- 1 recipe of fresh pizza dough
- 2 bags of fresh spinach or 2 10 oz packages frozen thawed,drained and water squeezed out
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- slices of provolone cheese and slices of mozzarella cheese
- sesame seeds
- In a large fry pan saute garlic in 1/4 cup of olive oil till golden brown, add spinach and cook till tender. Cool. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes
- Take a handful of dough and roll out with your hand till flat. Add 2 slices of provolone cheese on the bottom of dough. Put spinach in the center top with 2 slices of mozzarella. roll leaving each end open. Bake in 430 oven on a baking pan drizzled in olive oil on the pan and on the top of calzones, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until golden brown. Make slices on top cutting open for easy of eating, serve with marinara sauce.
- Optional: you can add ricotta, mushrooms, or anything you like in making calzones.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 77g|
|Calories from Fat 67||56%|
|Total Fat 7.65g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.81g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.58g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|