Get ready to fall in love with these amazingly delicious, low fat, lettuce wraps. They truly have all the great tastes of the ever popular spicy wings but rearranged into a healthy wrap. No fried wings here! First, I’m sauteing boneless, skinless chicken chunks in a mixture of hot wings sauce, honey and lime. To provide some relief from the sauce, these wraps are topped with crunchy cucumbers, carrots and a skinny ranch dressing. Each wrap has just 112 calories, 2 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. I love to serve these as an appetizer or even for dinner. The results will wow your guests for sure
- Ingredients for Condiments
- Â¼ cup Nancyâs Skinny Ranch Dressing or store bought reduced-fat ranch dressing, see shopping tip
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 8 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- Ingredients for Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into small chunks
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Â¼ cup hot wings sauce, I used Frankâs Red Hot sauce, see shopping tip
- Â¼ cup honey
- Â¼ cup lime juice
- Prepare Nancyâs skinny Ranch Dressing and refrigerate.
- Prep the cucumber, carrots and lettuce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the chicken: Cut the chicken into small chunks. Add to a bowl and toss in lemon juice. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together the hot sauce, honey and lime juice. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and lemon juice and saute, stirring often, for about 3-4 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the hot sauce-honey mixture. Simmer until sauce reduces and thickens a bit, about 4-5 minutes. Refrigerate if serving later and reheat before serving.
- To assemble each wrap: Place Â¼ cup chicken and a little sauce in each lettuce leaf. Add some cucumber, carrots and drizzle with Â½ tablespoon ranch dressing.
- Shopping Tips
- I like Franks Red Hot Original sauce for this recipe. Many hot wings sauces are way too spicy for my taste. This one is just spicy enough. Youâll find it in most supermarkets where Tabasco and other hot sauce is sold. Or, use your favorite sauce.
- If you donât want to make Nancyâs Skinny Ranch Dressing, use a store-bought reduced-fat ranch. If you live in Southern California, you can buy Nancyâs Healthy Kitchen Lite Ranch Dressing at Gelsonâs or Ralphâs Markets in the produce department. I also like Trader Joeâs Reduced-fat Ranch Dressing or Marieâs Lite Ranch Dressing which is sold in the produce department of most supermarkets.
- *Get the recipe for Nancy's skinny Ranch dressing at http://skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 103g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 5||5%|
|Total Fat 0.54g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.14g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 14.47g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|