Champong is a popular noodle dish that is prepared in a red, spicy seafood broth containing hearty vegetables and variety of seafood. In late 19th century, many of the Chinese immigrants opened restaurants and created new versions of their home food in Korea. Cham Pong is one of Koreanized Chinese dish that is so popular in Korea and even in Korean neighbourhoods around the world.
- 1 package fresh u-dong noodles
- Â½ cup pork, thinly sliced at an angle
- Â½ cup squid, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 8 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 mussels, scrubbed
- 5 Shitake mushrooms, sliced thinly at an angle
- Â½ onion sliced
- Â½ carrot, cut into match-stick pieces
- Â¼ napa cabbage, cut into 1x2 in pieces or 2 bok choy
- 2 green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 dried red chili peppers, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 2 serrano pepper, seeded and sliced (for spicer taste)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp chili oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sake
- 2 tsp Salt or less to taste
- 2 tsp chicken powder (I used Harvest 2000 Vegetarian Bouillon Mix-chicken Flavor)
- 2 tsp Chili Bean Sauce (TOBANDJAN)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package directions until tender but firm to the bite. Drain,and rinse well with cold water; set aside.
- Add red chili oil to a pre heated wok or deep saute pan, add dried chili pepper, green onions, serrano pepper, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 5 seconds.
- Add sake and soy sauce, then add onions, napa cabbage, mushrooms, pork, shrimp, squid, mussels, and stir-fry.
- Stirring in chili bean sauce to mix well, then add 1 cup of chicken broth; bring to boil. And add 5 cups of chicken broth, chicken powder, salt to taste; Reduce heat to med-low and let simmer.
- Put the noodle in hot water, and make it warm.
- Place noodles in a large soup bowl and pour hot soup mixture over noodles.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 736g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 43||18%|
|Total Fat 4.74g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.31g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.66g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|