Cost per serving $0.34 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Chili pwdr
- 1 tsp Dry oregano
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Grnd cloves
- 1 whl chicken roaster (about 5 lbs.), skin INTACT
- 2 whl garlic heads with skin
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 can Chicken broth (13 3/4 ounce.)
- 1 Tbsp. Browning and seasoning sauce
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, chili pwdr, oregano, salt, cumin and cinnamon in a small bowl. Carefully separate the skin from the chicken breast, without tearing it. Rub spice mix underneath skin and over breast meat, and then over skin of whole chicken. Tie legs together.
- Cut each garlic bulb crosswise in half. Drizzle with remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Place chicken and garlic in large roasting pan. Roast in 350 oven for 1 1/4 hrs or possibly till meat is no longer pink near the bone and the garlic is very soft. Transfer chicken to a large serving platter. Let stand for 20 min before carving.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: Squeeze garlic from skins. Place garlic pulp in a small bowl. With a fork or possibly back of a spoon, mash garlic till smooth.
- Pour pan drippings into bowl. Let stand a few seconds till fat separates.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. of fat from the drippings into a 2 quart. saucepan; skim and throw away any remaning fat from drippings in the bowl.
- Heat fat in saucepan; whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat, whisking for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the defatted drippings from the bowl, the chicken broth, browning and seasoning sauce and the mashed garlic; cook, stirring till the mix boil and thickens, about 5 min. Pour into a gravy boat. Serve!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 84g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 43||68%|
|Total Fat 4.84g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.71g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.79g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|