A grownup twist on a childhood favorite!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Cost per serving $1.00 view details
- 2 cups elbow pasta, cooked until almost al dente
- 16 ounces Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cubed, 1/2 shredded
- 8 ounces Monterey pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together pasta with the cheese cubes and pour into the baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, nutmeg and sour cream, egg, heavy cream and half-and-half.
- Pour over the pasta and cover with shredded Cheddar.
- Bake uncovered until top is just beginning to brown, about 35 minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 174g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 268||48%|
|Total Fat 30.56g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 18.64g||75%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.51g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|