Cost per serving $0.30 view details
- 1 c. Buttermilk
- 1/4 c. Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1 x Egg
- 1/4 c. Vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. Cornmeal, blue or possibly yellow, medium-grind
- 1Â 1/4 c. Unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Pure grnd chili pwdr, such as Ancho or possibly Chipotle
- 1/3 c. Finely minced green onion, with tops
- 1/4 c. Grated red onion
- 3/4 c. Grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 c. Minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Oil a standard 12-c. muffin tin (or possibly two 6-c. tins).
- In a large bowl, beat together the buttermilk, brown sugar, lowfat sour cream, egg and oil till well blended.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking pwdr, baking soda, salt and chili pwdr.
- Gradually add in the flour mix to the buttermilk mix, stirring till blended. Mix in the green onion, red onion, cheese and cilantro.
- Divide the batter among the muffin c., filling each one three-fourths full.
- Bake for approximately 15 min, or possibly till browned and hard to the touch.
- Let cold in the pan briefly, then turn out of the pan. Serve hot.
- Makes 12muffins.
- Notes: Makes 5 to 6 pints. "Moist and flavorful. Serve with chorizo,
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 77g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 76||39%|
|Total Fat 8.56g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.53g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 24.18g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|