Cost per recipe $8.20 view details
- 8 ounce Margarine or possibly butter - softened, (225g)
- 6 ounce Dark brown sugar, (175g)
- 3 Tbsp. Black treacle
- 4 x Large eggs - size 3 - beaten
- Â Â Sift together - 12oz, (350g) self raising flour, 2 tsp each Schwartz
- Â Â Grnd Nutmeg, Cinnamon and Ginger
- 2 ounce Blanched almonds - finely minced, (50g)
- 8 ounce Pitted dates - roughly minced, (225g)
- 12 ounce Sultanas, (350g)
- 3 Tbsp. Dark rum
- Preheat oven to 300F, 150C, Gas Mark 2. Grease and line an 8 inch (200mm)
- square cake tin with a double layer of greaseproof paper. Cream the butter and sugar together. Stir in the treacle. Beat in the Large eggs one at a time, adding a spoonful of the flour and spice mix with each one. Fold in the remaining flour mix followed by the almonds, dates, sultanas and rum.
- Spoon into the cake tin and hollow out the centre of the mix slightly.
- Cook for approximately 2 hrs or possibly till the cake is risen and hard to touch. The cake may be stored for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1245g|
|Calories from Fat 2042||53%|
|Total Fat 232.21g||290%|
|Saturated Fat 42.93g||172%|
|Trans Fat 33.77g|
|Total Carbs 410.41g||109%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.0g||80%|