Tostada is a open face taco, generally with more fillings than a standard taco. The taco shell is baked not fried You can make the tostada salad mixture a few hour ahead and store in the refrigerator and top the tostada right before serving.
- 1/2 medium Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 medium Bell Pepper, (I like to use red or yellow)
- 2 Cup Cooked Crabmeat, shredded
- 2 Tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Leftuce
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 Cup Salsa, (use your favorite)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- 2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute onion in oil until soft.
- 3. Add garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, and crab. Saute for a few minutes.
- 4. Bake corn tortillas in oven on the rack or cookie sheet until crisp (about 7 to 10 minutes).
- 5. In a large bowl toss together lemon juice, bell pepper, cucumber, and lettuce.
- 6. Place equal amounts of lettuce mixture on tostadas, then with crab mixture.
- 7. Serve immediately with salsa with on the side for dressing.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 17||15%|
|Total Fat 1.99g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.27g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 12.88g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|