- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 lrg Onion, diced
- 1 c. Minced green bell pepper
- 1 c. Minced red bell pepper
- 3 lrg Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Grnd cumin
- 1 x Jalapeno chili, seeded, minced
- 1 tsp Dry oregano
- 2 can Black beans, liquid removed (15- to 16-oz)
- 2 c. Canned crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 1/4 c. Orange juice
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Warm pepper sauce, (such as Tabasco)
- 1Â 1/3 c. Raw rice, cooked
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in onion, bell peppers, garlic, cumin, jalapeno and oregano; saute/fry till vegetables begin to soften, about 8 min. Mash 1/2 c. beans.
- Add in mashed beans, whole beans, tomatoes, orange juice and warm pepper sauce to skillet. Bring to boil, stirring frequently. reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 min. Uncover and simmer till reduced to thick sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, about 15 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mound rice in center of platter. Spoon black bean mix over.
- Serves 8.