Cost per serving $0.72 view details
- 1.5 lbs ground beef or lamb
- 1 large onion, finely minced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground red pepper (less for mild flavor)
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat grill to medium high
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix
- Oil hands lightly and shape the mixture into 9 flat sausages about 4 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide, and 1 inch thick. Thread a skewer through each sausage lengthwise.
- Grill until browned and just cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Or...broil on a slotted broiling tray for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Lavash, Pita or Nan and Raita
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 94g|
|Recipe makes 9 servings|
|Calories from Fat 117||65%|
|Total Fat 13.0g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 5.17g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.85g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|