Κοτόπουλο με τυρί και κρεμμύδια, στυλ του Σπαρτιάτης - Spartan-Style Chicken with Cheese and Onions Recipe
7 ingredients = 1 awesome dish! Serve this with creamy mashed potatoes and Greek salad. :)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
Cost per serving $2.63 view details
- 4-5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3-4 large yellow or Spanish onions, sliced
- 1 can tomato paste, diluted with 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 pound Kefalotiri cheese, cut into cubes
- Wash, dry and cut chicken breast into 1-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot, melt 6 tbsp. butter; add chicken and cook until browned on all sides (about 8-10 minutes). Remove from pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt 2 tbsp. butter. Add sliced onions and a dash of Kosher salt; cook til onions begin to turn clear, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add chicken back to pot. Pour in diluted tomato paste.
- Simmer for 60-90 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Add cheese and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- ÏÎ±Î¯ÏÎ¿Î¼Î±Î¹! Enjoy!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 269g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 161||40%|
|Total Fat 18.24g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 10.49g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 5.48g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|