Cost per serving $5.44 view details
- 1 x chicken - (3 1/2 to 4 lbs) cut 8 serving pcs
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg onion minced
- 1 lrg red bell pepper cut 1/2" pcs
- 4 x garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 c. long-grain white rice
- 1Â 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes - (14 ounce) including juice
- 1Â 3/4 c. chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp crumbled saffron threads
- 1 x bay leaf (not California)
- 1 c. frzn peas (not thawed)
- 1/2 c. pimiento-stuffed green olives coarsely minced
- Â Â Minced fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a medium Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid, over moderately-high heat till warm but not smoking, then brown chicken on all sides, about 12 min total. Transfer chicken with tongs to a plate.
- Pour off all but 2 Tbsp. fat from skillet and add in onion, bell pepper, and salt to taste. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, till softened, about 7 min. Add in garlic, paprika, and rice, then cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add in wine and boil, uncovered, for 2 min. Stir in tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, saffron, and bay leaf. Nestle chicken in rice, adding any juices from plate.
- Cook, covered, over low heat till chicken is cooked through, rice is tender, and most of liquid is absorbed, about 15 min. Remove from heat and stir in peas, olives, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover skillet and let stand 10 min. Throw away bay leaf and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 734g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 460||39%|
|Total Fat 51.1g||64%|
|Saturated Fat 14.06g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 90.31g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|