My friends know I nurture a pet hate for all spammers!LOL
Following a suggestion by my good Foodbuzz friend, Bazooka Gourmet, I decided to run a little series on recipes including Spam.
Spam Spam sushi nigiri is apparently the “National Sushi of Hawaii”.
I’m sure friends there will come with some more interesting suggestions!
Spam Nigiri with Ginger rice!
- Steamed rice: 3 small bowls ( a bowl means a serving in Japan. That should make enough for 6 nigiri. Bear in mind that the nigiri will be a large as a spam slice)
- Spam: 1 standard can. Enough to make 6 slices
- Fresh ginger: 30 g
- Leeks (Manno style, but any leeks can work if thin enough): 4~5 stems
- Sesame oil: 1 tablespoon
- White sesame seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Cheese (sliced cheese): 2 fourths of a large thin slice.
- Nori: dry seaweed for binding
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 113g|
|Calories from Fat 395||85%|
|Total Fat 44.32g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 12.59g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.54g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|