Cost per serving $2.36 view details
- 4 ounce angel hair pasta
- 1 tsp vegetarian bouillon
- 1/4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely minced walnuts
- 1/2 tsp smoky sun-dry tomatoes flakes
- 1/8 tsp salt substitute
- 1/4 tsp Butter Buds
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lrg red onion thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 med green zucchini 1/4-inch half-round slices
- 1/2 med yellow zucchini 1/4-inch half-round slices
- 1/8 tsp freshly grnd pepper
- 4 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 3 lrg garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary or possibly less to taste
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh lemon thyme
- 2/3 c. peas thawed
- 2 Tbsp. grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2. Place walnuts in a large skillet or possibly wok (nonstick surface). Hot over a medium heat source. When beginning to toast, add in the salt substitute and smoky sundried tomato; toss to coat. continue to heat till aromatic. Remove from pan to a bowl. Sprinkle with Butter Buds and set aside.
- 3. Add in the bouillon seasoning to the pasta water. When dissolved, add in the oil. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook till al dente.
- 4. Meanwhile, saute/fry the onion in oil in the wok for 2 min. Add in the zucchini and grnd pepper; saute/fry for 1 to 2 min. Add in the mushrooms, garlic and herbs. Saute/fry for 1 minute. Add in the nuts and peas and saute/fry to hot.
- 5. Drain the pasta and add in to the wok. Toss and stir to combine pasta and vegetables. Serve at once in pasta bowls; top with fresh parmesan.
- PANTRY TIPS: Trader Joe has a smoky sundried tomato product called Splash. Lawry's Salt-Free 17 Seasoning has a lot of flavor without being distinctive: a plus when mixing with fresh herbs.
- NOTES : REVIEW - It was light; low oil was great because the nuts starred. The combination of nuts and mushrooms gave a surprising amount of body. The rosemary and thyme blended well; nice touch. Fresh Parmesan is important! We do not recommend using the grated dry product.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 255g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||30%|
|Total Fat 12.72g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 2.63g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.02g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|