Cost per serving $0.54 view details
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 3 lrg garlic cloves
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. minced Italian parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water till tender, 8 to 9 min. Drain, but leave some water clinging to the pasta.
- Meanwhile, chop the garlic. In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the bread crumbs and cook, stirring often, till the crumbs are golden brown and crisp, 2 to 3 min. Transfer to a small bowl, leaving most of the oil in the pan.
- Add in the garlic to the frying pan and cook, stirring often, till fragrant, about 2 min. Stir in the parsley, salt, and pepper and remove from heat.
- Add in the pasta to the frying pan and toss. Add in the bread crumbs and toss well. Adjust seasonings and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Use ready-made bread crumbs for the utmost speed, but if you have a few spare min and a loaf of excellent bread left over, recycle it into a supply for your pantry. Toast bread slices till quite dry, crush or possibly grate them into crumbs and store airtight in a glass jar.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 92g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 173||41%|
|Total Fat 19.6g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.81g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.28g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|