Cost per serving $0.70 view details
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1.Preheat the oven to 400Â°F. Coat a 13" x 9" baking dish and a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the squash, cut side down, on the sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a sharp knife. With a fork, scrape the squash strands into a large bowl.
- 2.Meanwhile, warm the oil in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and basil. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the tomatoes. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mixture is dry.
- 3.To the bowl with the squash, add the cottage cheese, mozzarella, parsley, salt, and the onion mixture. Stir to mix. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bread crumbs.
- 4.Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 116g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 66||49%|
|Total Fat 7.44g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2.73g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 7.51g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|