Cost per serving $0.25 view details
- Prepare a large pasta pan of boiling salted water. Mix the flour, egg, and water, milk and salt. The batter should have the consistency of thick pancake batter.
- Dunk the board into the boiling water so that the board is wet. Place a ladle full of the batter on the wet cutting board. Holding the board over the boiling water, scrap small amounts of batter about the size of ziti macaroni into the boiling water. When they float to the top, which takes about 2 minutes, remove them to a dish. Toss them immediately with some butter to prevent them from sticking and continue finishing each batch.
- When you are ready to serve, put a tablespoon or two of butter into a frying pan and toss the SpÃ¤tzli with the butter until they warm.
- Note: You can mix mashed beats, spinach or carrots etc. into the batter to make different colors and flavors.
- Note: SpÃ¤tzli is a Swiss specialty and traditionally served as a side dish with meats.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 144g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 87||27%|
|Total Fat 9.9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.57g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.16g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|