Cost per recipe $7.81 view details
- 2 lrg red bell peppers
- 1/4 lb green beans
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 5 x green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, liquid removed
- 1/2 c. canned diced tomatoes, well liquid removed (save juices)
- 1 tsp dry basil leaves
- 1/4 c. panko (Japanese-style) coarse bread crumbs
- 3/4 c. (3 ounces) shredded jack or possibly jalapeno jack cheese (divided use)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and veins. Trim beans and cut into 1/2 inch lengths. In a large pot of boiling water, parboil peppers for 5 min. Remove to a colander and rinse with cool water. Add in beans to boiling water and cook 4-5 min. Drain, rinse with cool water and drain again.
- Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat. Add in onions and cook, stirring, for 2 min. Remove pan from heat. Add in corn, tomatoes, basil, panko and 1/2 c. of cheese; mix well. Spoon stuffing into pepper halves. Place peppers side by side in a baking pan.
- Spoon 2 or possibly 3 Tbsp. of reserved tomato juices (or possibly water) into bottom of pan. Cover and bake till peppers are tender, 25-30 min. Sprinkle top of each pepper with remaining cheese, and continue baking, uncovered, 3-4 min to heat cheese.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 860g|
|Calories from Fat 307||34%|
|Total Fat 34.97g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 17.3g||69%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 113.31g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 25.3g||84%|