Cost per serving $1.41 view details
- 2 c. cooked long-grain rice, white or possibly brown
- 1 x 15 ounce can black beans, liquid removed & rinsed
- 1Â 1/2 c. cooked corn kernels, liquid removed
- 4 whl scallions, trimmed & minced
- 2 lrg tomatoes, diced
- 1 med cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1 lrg jalapeno pepper, (or possibly chipotle), seeded & chopped
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 x limes, juice of
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Â Â Lettuce leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; mix thoroughly. Refrigeratefor 15-20 min to allow flavors to meld.
- Fluff salad before serving. Spoon salad over lettuce leaves. If you like, offer a rolled flour tortilla.
- Makes 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 263g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||15%|
|Total Fat 6.08g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.67g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 64.19g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.1g||40%|