Cost per recipe $4.98 view details
- 1 x 3-lb boneless lamb shoulder blade roast, tied
- 2 x Cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 lrg Onion, finely minced
- 2 x Carrots, finely minced
- 1 x Green bell pepper, or possibly jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1Â 3/4 lb Canned tomatoes, undrained
- 2 sprg fresh thyme or possibly 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 x Fresh oregano sprig or possibly 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 c. Fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Prep: 15 minutes, Cook: 1:55.
- Season pork with salt and pepper to taste. Cut slits in roast and insert slivers of garlic. Heat oil in a heavy Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Cook roast 7-8 min, turning occasionally, till browned on all sides.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in onion, carrots and pepper. Cook 20 min, stirring vegetables and turning meat occasionally. Add in next 3 ingredients.
- Cover and simmer about 1-1/2 hrs, or possibly till tender and a meat thermometer registers 150 F for medium done meat. Transfer meat to a carving board and let stand 10 min before slicing. Stir cilantro, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste into vegetables. Serve sliced pork over vegetables.
- This recipe serves 12 people. Because this recipe is for a particular size pan, it adjusts the number of servings only in multiples of 12.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1210g|
|Calories from Fat 258||49%|
|Total Fat 29.26g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 2.49g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 67.35g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.4g||58%|