Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- 8 oz mostaccioli (or penne/rigatoni/whatever is in your pantry)
- cooking spray or small amount of oil
- 1 medium onion cut in half and then sliced
- 3/4-1 lb beef or pork cut into stir fry size strips, suggest beef bottom round or pork tenderloin
- 7/8 tsp chili powder, increase for more heat
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbs beef bouillon powder or 3 cubes
- Cook pasta to barely al dente per directions on the box.
- Spray cooking spray on or lightly drizzle oil into large non-stick skillet.
- Over medium-high heat, cook onions for 5 minutes until just beginning to soften.
- Add meat, chili powder, cumin, pepper strips, and garlic and stir regularly as the mixture cooks.
- Once meat is no longer pink and peppers have softened to your liking, add chiles and stir.
- Add cooked pasta, water and beef bouillon to pan and stir until well mixed. Over medium heat, stirring gently, cook the mixture for 5 minutes to bring the sauce together.
- Recipe was based off a promotional booklet from Borden Foods for Wyler's Bouillon and Creamette Pasta.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 204g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 138||60%|
|Total Fat 15.28g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 6.1g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.0g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|